At the end of the day, it was a great trip. Some observations and final thoughts in no particular order:
- I think I overshot souvenirs this time. I now got 2 shelves full of stuff as opposed to one from Norway
- Stockholm is a really beautiful city. It’s built on 14 islands and wherever you go you come across a body of water.
- Museum-wise I was more impressed with the ones in Oslo. Some museums are very small (The Viking Museum) or full or trivia (Tekniska)
- The room with fully-equipped kitchen was great. I didn’t have to spend any money for eating/drinking out. Some people might like it but I generally prefer spending my money on more long-lasting stuff.
- I think I may need to reduce the number of photos and videos. But the places are so captivating I generally get carried away and keep shotting. Later I eliminate some of them anyway but it just takes a lot of time to sift through all of them!
- Internet access was fantastic throughout the city even in underground. Even better than I have here in London!
- So the verdict on Stockholm Pass. Here’s a breakdown of all the money I would spend without Stockholm Pass:
|2||Hop On/Off Bus Tour||SEK 330|
|2||National Museum||SEK 0|
|2||Hop On/Off Boat Tour||SEK 230|
|3||Vasa Museum||SEK 150|
|3||The Viking Museum||SEK 159|
|3||The Nordic Museum||SEK 140|
|3||National Museum of Science and Technology||SEK 150|
|4||Guided Stockholm Old Town Walk||SEK 220|
|4||The Royal Palace||SEK 180|
|4||Archipelago tour with guide||SEK 305|
|4||Casino Cosmopol||SEK 60|
|5||Hop On/Off Bus Tour||SEK 330|
|5||Hop On/Off Boat Tour||SEK 230|
I spent SEK 1331 for Stockholm Pass and looks like it deserved its money and it was a good bargain.
- Places to visit next time: My biggest regret about this trip is that I failed to take Birka tour. It’s a 7.5 hour tour to Viking city Birka. Apart from that there are more boat tours and also a place called Ocean Aquarium which apparently has sharks in it! Just to visit those place I can arrange another trip!
- Most useful apps: Flygbussarna coach app, Linjekartor metro and train map, SL official public transportation app.
- I didn’t need to use offline maps that I had downloaded as I had excellent Internet connection everywhere.